When you visit Lake Powell, it’s all about the water. Visitors do their best to spend as much time on or near the lake as possible. Luckily, that’s easy to do with all the fun water activities available. If you’re ready for nearly 2,000 miles of shoreline, endless sunshine, and warm water, Lake Powell is your destination. Located in northern Arizona and southern Utah, Lake Powell has spectacular scenery and weather. You won’t be disappointed while you live, play, and eat on the water.
Live on the Water: Lake Powell Houseboat Rental
Have a memorable sunset dinner on the top deck of your houseboat on Lake Powell.
With almost 2,000 miles of shoreline to explore, it’s no wonder visitors who come to Lake Powell never want to leave the water. And, you don’t have to. When you rent a houseboat, you get all of the comforts of home while exploring the lake.
Each houseboat has comfortable beds, a full kitchen, and a solid sound system. With 7 options to choose from, you can find the houseboat with the right amenities for your family or the group you’re traveling with. Even if you’re a first-time boater, it’s easy to learn how to pilot a houseboat. Before you head off onto the lake, you’ll receive a lesson from our expert staff. You can also stock up on supplies at local grocery stores in Page, Arizona, or get them delivered right to your houseboat on the day of your arrival so that you don’t have to leave the water during your stay.
Some of the most popular Lake Powell houseboat rentals book well in advance, so be sure to make your reservation soon. Below, you’ll find descriptions of some of the most popular Lake Powell houseboats.
- 46-ft Expedition Houseboat – If you’re looking for comfort and affordability, look no further than the 46-foot Expedition Houseboat. This small but mighty boat accommodates six people, with one stateroom, a convertible dinette, and a sofa for extra sleeping areas. Aboard, you’ll also find a bathroom, kitchen, TV, and stereo system.
- 59-ft Wanderer Houseboat – For those looking for a little more room, the 59-foot Wanderer Houseboat accommodates 12, with four staterooms that include queen beds. On board, you’ll also find a well-equipped kitchen, 48-inch LED TV, convertible dinettes and sofas, two bathrooms, and a spiral tube slide for your water adventures.
- 75-foot Excursion Houseboat – If you’re planning to travel with a crowd, then the 75-foot Excursion Houseboat is the ticket. As the largest vessel in the fleet, it accommodates up to 14 people with five staterooms and two convertible dinettes. The houseboat also includes a flat-screen TV, two bathrooms, and a hot tub on the upper deck.
Lake Powell Houseboat Activities
Make sure to rent a paddle board to get a little exercise and some solo time on the water.
While living on a houseboat during your stay at Lake Powell will be an incredible adventure on its own, that’s not where the fun stops. The beauty of Lake Powell is that you can navigate and anchor your houseboat to create a basecamp for you and the family. If everyone is up for some day exploring, you can use a powerboat, personal watercraft, or jet ski to experience all the lake has to offer. There are plenty of isolated beaches, hiking trails, and on-the-water fun to be had.
- Rent Water Toys – A visitor favorite is renting water toys to take with you on your houseboat. Before you set sail, be sure to head to the marina shop and rent some great additions such as kayaks, paddleboards, or a foam lilly pad to add to the fun and adventure of your travels. Kayaks and paddleboards can be used to take you from your anchor point on shore, where you’ll find secluded beaches and hiking trails.
- Lake Powell Hiking – Other than pristine water and lakeside fun, Lake Powell is renowned for its hiking trails. The trails allow you to see topography that can only be seen in the American Southwest. Whether you are on the north or south side of the lake, you can find hiking trails that are accessible only by boat. Be sure to bring plenty of water!
- Stargazing on Lake Powell – With very few nearby lights, Lake Powell has some of the most amazing stargazing you’ll see anywhere in the country. At night, the sky lights up with thousands of stars, and on cloudless nights, you just might be able to see the Milky Way. Be sure to head to the top deck of your houseboat with a cozy blanket and watch as the night sky puts on a show just for you. If you see a shooting star, be sure to make a wish.
Learn on the Water: Lake Powell Boat Tours
If staying on a houseboat is not your calling, we don’t want that to stop you from exploring all that Lake Powell has to offer! You can still get acquainted with the water and the land surrounding it through a boat tour. Book a ticket for an educational boat tour on Lake Powell to learn about the local history and geology. All tours leave from the Wahweap Marina at the Lake Powell Resort. Bring your own drinks and snacks, as only water, coffee, and lemonade are available on board.
With a few different tours to choose from, you can find what’s right for you and your traveling companions. Then, sit back, relax, and enjoy the tour.
- Scenic Dam Cruise – The Scenic Dam Cruise is one of our new boat tours. It is a 90-minute ride that cruises from Wahweap Bay to Glen Canyon Dam, the second-largest concrete dam in the US. Take a seat and enjoy or get your camera out and explore as you take in the beautiful scenery. During the cruise, you will learn the rich history, fun facts, and great stories of the land from one of our knowledgeable employees.
- Navajo Canyon Tour – The Navajo Canyon Tour takes you through the famous Navajo Canyon, where you’ll see Glen Canyon Dam, Navajo Sandstone, desert varnish, and the 50/50 Wall. This relaxing tour is a great way to get to know Lake Powell and all of the amazing geological formations it has to offer.
Eat on the Water: Canyon Princess Dinner Cruise
Not only can you learn on the water, you can also relax and enjoy our dining experience on the water. The Canyon Princess Dinner Cruise takes you to the best sunset spot on the lake, where you can watch the sun dip below the horizon and admire all of its amazing colors. During the cruise, you’ll enjoy a three-course meal, which includes a salad, your choice of entree item, and dessert. Your favorite drink is available for purchase at the bar.
When it comes to lakeside adventures, there’s no better place to put on your bucket list than Lake Powell. The lake has lots of fun activities available, such as boat tours, a dinner cruise, and houseboat rentals. From your houseboat, you can go hiking, stargazing, or kayaking. No matter how you spend your time at Lake Powell, you’ll leave with great stories to share and some fantastic photos.