Beautifully old fashioned and with magical Victorian charm, the Wawona Hotel is one of the most visited Yosemite hotels. Its authentic Victorian architecture features beautiful white buildings, classic verandas and lush natural surroundings that will transport you back in time. Built in 1856, Wawona Hotel is one of California’s original mountain resort hotels.
There’s something for everyone here. Golf, tennis, horseback riding, and fishing are available, plus all the hikes you could dream of. In the evening, you’ll often find live music performances in the lounge.
Each lodge room features antique furnishings and authentic period décor. Outdoor grand lawns are perfect for an outdoor dinner or lunch, reception or barbeque, or any group gathering. The outdoor swimming pool, the property golf course, and the beautiful dining room with a great wine selections will make your trip unforgettable.
Accommodations consist of 50 standard hotel rooms with private bath and 54 standard hotel rooms with shared bathrooms. All rooms and public areas feature antique furnishings and authentic period decor, set amongst six Victorian-era whitewashed buildings.
- Summer Saturday Night Barbeque
- Golf course on property
- Pioneer Yosemite History Center
- Hiking Trails
- Wawona Hotel Horse Stable
- Outdoor Swimming Pool
- Beautiful dining room with a broad menu and wine list
- Conveniently located near The Yosemite Ski & Snowboard Area for winter activities
- Grand verandas overlooking the fountain
- Cozy fireplace in the winter
- Sun Room with views of the pristine surroundings—ideal for group gatherings
- Manicured lawns are a prime location for an outdoor buffet, reception or barbeque and another ideal location for group gatherings
- Evenings with Musical Performances
Yosemite has dining options for every occasion. Whether you’re looking to have a romantic candlelit dinner or simply grab a sandwich before your hike, our varied dining options have it. Many of our restaurants offer locally sourced, organic and sustainable ingredients whenever possible. Most of our restaurants are open all year, and many offer outdoor seating during the warmer months.